Activities In St Francis Bay | Book Accommodation
Activities To Do In St Francis Bay That Will Make You Want to Book Your St Francis Bay Holiday Accommodation
St. Francis Bay, located on the Eastern Cape of South Africa, emerges as a haven for water sports enthusiasts, offering a diverse array of aquatic activities against the backdrop of stunning coastal scenery. This charming coastal town, known for its network of canals...
St. Francis Bay, renowned for its picturesque canals, offers a unique and leisurely experience with a variety of activities centered around its intricate waterways. The canals, reminiscent of those in Venice, create an idyllic setting for residents and visitors alike...
The Two Harbours Walk, spanning just over 2 kilometers, offers a delightful journey along a picturesque coastline, featuring rocks, sandy paths, and beach landscapes. Established in 2000 by the Enviro-Trust in collaboration with the Kouga Municipality, we take pride...
Golfing enthusiasts visiting St. Francis Bay are in for a treat, as this charming coastal town along South Africa's Eastern Cape boasts a golfing experience that seamlessly blends natural beauty with sporting pleasure. The St. Francis Bay Golf Club, nestled within the...
St. Francis Bay and its surrounding areas in the Eastern Cape of South Africa offer a plethora of activities, catering to a diverse range of interests. From water sports to wildlife experiences, here are some notable activities in St. Francis Bay and its vicinity:
1. Beach Activities: St. Francis Bay boasts pristine beaches with golden sands and rolling waves. Visitors can engage in a variety of beach activities, including swimming, sunbathing, and beachcombing. The beaches also serve as a popular spot for surfing and kiteboarding.
2. Water Sports: The canals of St. Francis Bay are a hub for water sports. Windsurfing, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, and boating are popular choices. Lessons and equipment rentals are readily available for those looking to try their hand at these activities.
3. Seal Point Lighthouse: Explore the iconic Seal Point Lighthouse, offering panoramic views of the Indian Ocean. Visitors can climb to the top for breathtaking vistas and learn about the maritime history of the area at the lighthouse museum.
4. Golf: Golf enthusiasts can tee off at the St. Francis Bay Golf Club, an 18-hole links-style course set against the backdrop of the ocean. The course provides a challenging yet scenic golfing experience.
5. Nature Reserves: Explore the surrounding nature reserves, including the Cape St. Francis Nature Reserve. These reserves offer hiking trails, bird watching, and a chance to encounter indigenous flora and fauna.
7. Surfing: With consistent waves and surf breaks, St. Francis Bay is a surfer’s paradise. Whether you’re a novice or an experienced surfer, there are suitable spots for everyone to catch the waves.
8. Fishing: Enjoy fishing along the canals, beaches, or even deep-sea fishing charters. St. Francis Bay provides ample opportunities for anglers to test their skills.
9. Arts and Culture: Explore the local art galleries and cultural centers, showcasing the talents of the community. St. Francis Bay is known for its vibrant arts scene, with galleries featuring paintings, sculptures, and crafts.
10. Jeffrey’s Bay: A short drive away, Jeffrey’s Bay is famous for its world-class surfing, bustling town center, and the annual J-Bay Open surfing competition. Visitors can also shop for unique surf-related items.
From water-based adventures to cultural exploration, St. Francis Bay and its surroundings offer a diverse range of activities, ensuring a memorable experience for every visitor.
Popular Holiday Accommodation Destinations
Port Elizabeth has coastal and mountain scenery, and is famous for beautiful beaches.
The second most populated city in the country, Cape Town is called ‘home’ to nearly 4 million people.
The Golden Mile along the Durban beachfront is lined with multi-story hotels, restaurants, pubs and clubs.
The permanently pleasant climate and warm sea are perfect all year for a relaxing holiday, especially with children
Ballito is away from crowds, for people wanting a restful time surrounded by nature and the sound of waves.
Weekend Accommodation Getaways
A charming small holiday Resort town grew up around the dam, little villages developed along the banks
Langebaan offers bird watching for all the bird enthusiasts to enjoy all around the shores of the lagoon.
Said to be the birthplace of mankind, the Magaliesberg region was proclaimed a World Heritage Site in 1999
South Africa’s fly-fishing capital with the area offering excellent still water and river fishing
The coastal town offers a wide range of activities for couples, friends and families to enjoy
Main City Accommodation
Johannesburg has several names, such as Joburg, Jozi, Jo’burg, Joeys or eGoli – City of Gold in Zulu
Port Elizabeth / Gqeberha
The Sunshine Coast starts here and stretches 300 kms along the eastern seaboard of South Africa
Bloemfontein is South Africa’s judicial capital and the capital of the Free State Province.
Pretoria / Tshwane
Known as Jacaranda City for good reason; the city streets are lined with thousands of jacaranda trees
A must for every first time visitor is a trip up Table Mountain, one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the world.